Tuesday, March 22, 2011

San Diego and Seeing Nic!

So I know it has been awhile since I've updated. It's been a little crazy around here. I've been working a lot and then getting ready for San Diego. I am now an assistant to the cat lead at work and that has kept me really busy, but I like it. Not a lot else has happened outside of the big thing... seeing Nic!!!

We flew out on a Wednesday and got to see him Thursday! He graduated Friday and we had him for 10 days! It was so great to see him! I missed him soooo much! We had a lot of fun in San Diego. The weather is beautiful. Nic's graduation was wonderful. It was really powerful to see so many new Marines! There were like 387 who graduated that day! Nic looks so handsome! There are plenty of pictures on Facebook of course! I am so proud of him. This is a fantastic accomplishment! While in San Diego we did some sight seeing for a couple days before coming home. We got to see the USS Midway, the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, the ocean, and a couple other things. I want to go back!

We came back to Columbia late Tuesday. So Wednesday was really his first day back here. Throughout his time off things were really crazy. Lots of people wanted to see him and we were always on the go. It was nice for him to see lots of people and it was fun, but it was also stressful and we didn't see everyone. He just ran out of time for everything. He says next time he's gonna sit at home and everyone can come see him! Lol. Sounds a lot less stressful to me! Sunday he came to church in his blues! He looked so handsome and everyone was really happy to see him! Monday was his last day here. His plane left at 6am today (Tuesday) and he is now back in California.

I miss him a lot already. I can't wait to see him again. Hopefully I'll get to see him in about 4 months. Ugh! But at least I get to talk to him once in awhile this time! That will make things easier. He is at MCT right now and will be for 4 weeks. Then he has to go to Virginia to MOS school. That lasts 8-10 weeks. Not sure exactly how long yet. Then he will go to his first Permanent Duty Station. Sometime after that he may be able to come home for a visit. Hopefully soon! Of course everything depends on where he is stationed and if he gets leave/ how much leave. We shall see. I know it will work out how God has planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment